Saturday, August 8, 2009

An Update

OK, so I have been wanting to do a post with pictures but that still isn't working out for some reason. So....I'll just give some updates instead.

We are still fishing. Officially open until 8/15 and then we see what happens. The guys are doing 3 picks a day so that is good - that means there are more fish! Two nights ago we had another bear. This time I think it wrecked the grill for good. Happened around 3:30am. Leon heard the grill go over and managed to get a couple of shots off at the bear. Adam and Austin heard the shots but Justin...well let's just say that Justin sleeps like a baby out here!! Garett didn't hear anything either which is amazing because he was right NEXT to Papa when it all happened. He stayed the night in their cabin and slept with Papa on the couch bed. No bears last night though. I walked on the beach to the Boat House last night and there are sure a lot of tracks on the beach!

I guess the guys have gotten tired of their facial hair. Justin shaved yesterday I believe and Adam shaved today. I gave him a good neck trim too. They are looking good! Everybody did laundry so they are ready to take on the world - ha!

Judy's garden is doing well. We are eating lettuce, cucumbers, zucchini, and broccoli from it. The salads are SO much tastier when we start putting in her stuff - yum... Leon built a raised bed box like Judy's for me. Bryan put it next to the house today. It is right in front next to our porch and goes all the way out to the end of the wall by the clothes line. That will be really nice to have next year. We are thinking of doing something like that at home now for herbs.

Emmett had a birthday on Wednesday. He is now 5 years old! He was very excited of course. Loved all of his presents and "Happy Birthdays". There were 6 other kids here and they just ran around and had a blast.

I guess that is about it for now. Hoping I can add pictures next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment