Thursday, August 20, 2009

We are still here!

Well, I don't have the picture option again today so I guess I'll just give an update.

Judy and Leon are still in Maryland. We pulled up the nets on the 15th and have been doing shore work since then. Adam and Austin did some net washing, Bryan, Justin, and I worked on mending the nets, and today there was yard work and house painting. We have managed to enjoy some downtime. The boys and I visited some neighbors. Bryan and the crew did some sport fishing. Adam caught a really large cod! Today we took a boat ride to the lagoon to do some beach combing and hiking around. The weather has been beautiful. The backs of our necks are all nice and brown :)

It has been over a week since we've been on our own. Everyone misses Nana and Papa but we are making it work. I think Bryan and I have done a pretty good job of coming up with meals that help empty out the freezer as well as use the nice veggies that are growing in the garden. It is a hard time of year for groceries because you don't know how long you are going to be here. You need to use up what you have and you don't want to order too much other stuff.

There are plenty of chores to do around here though to keep us busy. We are planning on taking another boat ride in the next few days somewhere and have a picnic. Let's hope the weather stays good!

I'll write more later and hopefully can attach pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment